(Redirected from Technical:Remote Call)
If you're looking for RemoteCall, you may be looking for:
- RemoteCall (old syntax) - the original way that the system was setup
- RemoteCall2 - the new (2007) method for communicating between servers, and between client and server.
- Server to server is available in HeroEngine 1.19
- Client/Server is available in HeroEngine 1.20
- Calls to replicated nodes are available as of HeroEngine v. 1.22
The basic difference between the two methods, is where to specify the parameters of the call:
- If you want the parameters directly in the statement, use RemoteCall2
- If you want the parameters in a separately-defined variable, use RemoteCall
When in doubt, it is recommended to use RemoteCall2.