Style Set Spec Oracle
Styles can also be copied and pasted from area to area via the /HESTYLESET command, which stores the data on the developer's player character. However, when setting a "master" set, the data is instead stored in the Style Set Spec Oracle.
Note: Though styles can be viewed in the Spec Oracle, this is generally only for debugging purposes, or to doublecheck which fields are currently covered. Modifying the style data directly via the Spec Oracle can be very error-prone. Instead, to actually modify the styles, it is better to modify the edit instance of the master area normally, via the Terrain panel, Environment panel, and so forth, and then use the /HESTYLESET command to update the master.
Viewing the Spec Oracle
- Open the Hot Spot Menu (ctrl-shift-click in the upper lefthand corner of the viewport)
- Click on the "Tools" tab
- Look for the "Spec Oracles" section
- Click on the link that says "Style Set"
- Click on the Spec Oracle that you wish to view
- To filter by a certain name, type a portion of the name in the search box at the bottom of the _StyleSetSpecOracle Editor window
- Click "Edit"
- The field names that the Spec Oracle covers will be in the lefthand column, and the stored values will be in the righthand "Value" column