The Status Monitor can also display announcements like "Server going down in 10 minutes," or "New version of HeroBlade just released." The announcements will display in a small popup for a brief time, and then disappear. If you're not sure if you missed one or not, you should be able to either hover your mouse over the Monitor, or right-click on it and choose "Announcement / View Last".
- Note: The Status Monitor is not available for all licensees. Check with your HeroEngine representative as-needed.
The Status Monitor is available as a separate download, which will be available either on your local download page, or can be obtained from the HeroEngine MMO Platform downloads page.
Once installed, the Status Monitor should automatically show up in your taskbar. If not, try running it from the Start button. It should be in your Program menu under Play.Net/Tools.
To have the Status Monitor auto-start when you boot your computer:
- Click on your Start button
- Navigate to Programs / Play.Net / Tools /
- Right-click on the Status Monitor entry
- Left-click and drag to Programs / Startup
- Release the mouse button, and the Status Monitor should appear in the Startup group
- On your next reboot, the Status Monitor should automatically run, and appear in your taskbar
Right-clicking on the status monitor icon pulls up the following menu options:
- New - Allows for a new announcement to be set
- New Admin - Allows for setting a new admin announcement. This announcement is only visible to administrative users.
- View Last - View the most recent announcement
- Override Status
- UP - Manually set the Status Monitor to green status, regardless of the state of the servers
- DOWN - Manually set the Status Monitor to red status, regardless of the state of the servers
- AUTOMATIC (default)
- Launch HeroBlade - Selecting this option starts the default version of HeroBlade. This can also be done by double-clicking on the status monitor icon
- Exit - Closes the Status Monitor, and removes it from the taskbar