The State Editor allows for changes to properties in the States System.
Opening the editor
- Access the HotSpot Menu (control-->shift-->left-click in the top left corner of the Viewport)
- Click on the "Tools" tab
- Choose "Area States Editor"
If other types of state systems have been created using the abstract classes of the States System, it will be necessary to add new menu options to invoke their editors.
Objects created by the stateful object spec system have a right-click menu option available (while in "edit mode") for editing their state.
- Open the Asset Library
- Under Unconverted Assets, choose Interactive
- Locate the Stateful Gate Chomper asset (pictured above).
- Double-click it to add it to the world
- Right-click on the chomper, to access the State System menu
- Choose States >> Set Value To to toggle the chomper OPEN and CLOSED
- Choose States >> Edit State to open the State Editor
- Change the _StateValueID to toggle the chomper's open or closed state
- Click on the right-arrow to implement the latest change