Selecting Show Grid will turn on a permanent snap grid (it may be necessary to back up into the "sky" and look down to see the grid properly).
Rotation snap is in degrees. To see how it works, set it to a largish value such as 45, then click on an object, select the Rotation tool, hold down the Ctrl key to force the snap on, and rotate the object.
- Pressing "N" toggles snapping on and off.
- Ctrl+S will snap the currently selected object to the grid, regardless of whether snap is on or off.
- Clicking the word "snap" in the menu toggles snap on and off.
- Toggling snap on and off can also be done by tapping the N key, or checking the "Snap to grid" checkbox in the assets panel.
- Holding down the Ctrl key while hovering over the move axes of the Select&Translate gizmo, will toggle a view of the snap grid, which will change depending where the mouse is on the axes.
- While the Ctrl key is being held down, it acts as a temporary "Snap to grid", even if the snap is currently turned off