- The following are tutorials of particular interest to HSL scripters.
- DOM, the Data Object Model
- The DOM is the set of data structure definitions. This is where classes and fields are defined.
- GOM, Game Object Model
- The GOM is where the data structures of the DOM are filled in with actual data. The GOM is a giant collection of nodes, defined by classes
- Nodes and classes
- Information about nodes and their class definitions, and how to create each and tie them together
- Script Editor
- The IDE used to program HeroScript(HSL)
- Your First HSL Script
- How to create a simple client-side script that causes an object on the screen to move when the mouse cursor approaches
- How to write a script
- Explains how to use the Script Editor to create a simple "Hello World" client-side script
- Creating server scripts
- Explains how to use the Script Editor to create a server-side script, and related command to run it
- First Person Camera Tutorial
- Step by step, with all the source code to write a First Person Camera system in the HeroEngine.
- Scrollable Chat Window
- HSL for programmers
- Quick overview of the HSL language, for experienced programmers
- Replication Tutorial
- Detailed tutorial introducing the use of HeroEngine's replication system to send data from the server to the client.
- Player Housing Tutorial
- Overview on the concepts and techniques for writing player housing style mechanics
- Making Your Own Tools Tutorial
- How to create your own tools that can be invoked via the command line, Hot Spot Menu, or other methods
- How to create an inventory system like the one found in HJ Ref.