Oracle Client Installation
The oracle client is use by processes to communicate with the oracle database.
When is the Oracle Client Needed?
- If you are setting up a server to run HeroEngine server processes, the client is a necessary supporting component
- If you are setting up a Developer Workstation capable of running the toolset or compiling the source code.
When is the Oracle Client NOT Needed?
- If you are setting up a server to run the Oracle Database, you do NOT need to install the oracle client. Technically, the oracle database installation automatically installs the appropriate oracle client software.
Where do you get it?
Specific versions of the Oracle 10gR2 Client (use the 32bit client even on 64bit systems) and Patches are available depending on your Operating System. Please download and install the one that pertains to your Installation.
- Installing Oracle Client for a Developer Workstation
- Installing Oracle Windows Server 2008 and Windows 7 Details
- CentOS installation for World Servers running on Linux