MMO Platform downloads
Most of these files should already be made available to you as a single package, and/or via a download page on your own server. However, if you need updated versions for some reason, please check the downloads page:
This page contains both general downloads for all licensees, and some sections for files that are licensee-specific and may not be viewable to other licensees. Some of the files will trigger a Launcher which will handle their installation.
- Hero's Journey Reference downloads
- Oracle Client for Windows
- HeroScript Extension Interface Demo, with compilable C++ code to show how to create a new plugin DLL to extend the capability of HSL
- HE Publish Builder
Each world (such as HEDev, HJDev, etc.) will have specific downloads that work only with that world.
At a minimum, these include a version of:
- This is the workhorse of development, the client that is used for game-building
- The Repository Browser is the tool that your artists use to move completed work into the Repository
- This is the installation package used during setup, to install the necessary server processes to run a world.
- This is another installation package used during setup to install the necessary FireStorm daemons for each world.
Other world-specific downloads
Availability for these will depend on your needs and/or license:
- The Status Monitor is a utility available for some worlds, which sits in the Windows taskbar and displays status messages
- The Player Client is a version of the HeroBlade client for players, which only allows view of the game, and not the related development tools.
- World Push is an application which allows for game data and content to be moved between servers.
- For licensees with full source code licenses, Master Control is the application used for managing worlds, servers, and processes.
- Training-specific downloads (for on-site training)
If you have access to Perforce (as some types of license do), some files will also be available via that interface. This might or might not include:
- The complete Source Code (this is where you can get the Master Control Console code)
- The Publish packages for upgrading your version of HeroEngine via Perforce
- The Player Client (this is what customers will use as to your developers who will be using HeroBlade)
- Other miscellaneous executables as is defined in your particular license