- This Additional Set of Utilities for 3ds Max is provided as a bonus to help automate and simplify the operations within 3ds Max as they apply to HeroEngine.
Hero Utilities is a series of handy tools for your daily business as an artists using HeroEngine. It has some specialized tools and some tools that are in other parts of 3ds Max and just duplicated here for convenience. There is also a GUI for creating Hi-res normal samples.
- These are just some work flow convenience tools that automate some common tasks
- "Select All Bones" selects all bones in the scene
- "Check Scene For Scale" checks the scene for an appropriate 100% uniform scale, is not, a warning dialog is displayed.
- "Check Selected For Scale" checks the selected objects for an appropriate 100% uniform scale, is not, a warning dialog is displayed.
- "Hide & Unselect Helpers" hides and unselects any helpers that are currently visible. This is the same function that the check on the export panel uses.
- "Reset Bone Scale" is the same as going into bone edit tools and resetting the scale on a bone, except the process is done on all bones.
- "Reset Selected Scale" is the same as going into bone edit tools and resetting the scale on a bone.
- "Reset XForm" is the same as the Rest XForm on the Utility panel
- Allows you to import OBJ's that were either exported for use in FaceGen or exported by HeroEngine.
- Allows you to select the hi-res and lo-res geometry
- Pick your texture size for output. Formats supported are BMP and DDS
- Options are included for flipping the U and V axis. For HeroEngine, flipping both U and V yields the best results.