How to search
To search for information in the wiki:
- Type a search term into the search box on the lefthand side of the screen.
- Clicking on "Go" will take you to the first page title that matches what you typed
- Clicking "Search" will display a list of possible matches.
- The top of the search page will display those pages that have the search term in the title
- The lower section of the search page will display all pages that have the search term within them.
At the bottom of the "Search" screen, clicking in various checkboxes will filter the search.
- By default, all namespace boxes should be checked.
- Note: if you have had your wiki account for some time, you may have a different configuration, such as only having the "Main" box checked. To change this, click on My Preferences at the top of the page, and then the Search tab.
- Selecting a "Talk" checkbox would search the Discussion pages that are attached to each of the main pages
- Other boxes work similarly, to search through other sections of the wiki. Templates, Images, Categories, etc. The "Help" pages on this wiki only represent a small number of administration-related pages.
- Searching on a short term (fewer than 3 characters) may not work. Try searching on a longer term.
- If you type an entry into the searchbox and just press "Enter" without actually clicking on a button, this will default to "Go", meaning that it will take you to the first page whose title matches what you entered. If you actively want to do a "search", back up and manually click on the Search button.