Links come in basically two forms, links to page inside the wiki, and links outside the wiki.
[[ <target> ]]
- Links to a page inside of the same wiki use double brackets.
- To have a link to one location, display as a different word, use the following syntax:
- [[<target> | <text>]]
[ <URL> ]
- Links to a page outside of the wiki are accomplished in any of the following ways:
- Simply placing a URL in the source: http://www.play.net
- Enclosing a URL in single brackets: [ <URL> ]
- To have a link to an external location, display as a different word, use the following syntax:
- [<URL> <text>]
Note: Please note that there is a subtle change when using a <text> argument. For an internal link, this is done with a pipe (|) symbol. For an external link, it's done without a pipe.
- To set up an email link:
For more information, please see the Media Wiki Guide at wikimedia.org