This page contains an index for some commonly used functions which are documented in this HeroEngine wiki.
If you are looking for a particular function in this wiki, it may be fastest to simply type the name of the function into the search box at the left of this page, or clicking on the Functions category at the bottom of the page.
Not all functions are documented in the wiki, so checking for specific code via the Search function in the Script editor may be necessary for some.
Function signatures are also viewable in the client and server
ExternalFunctions scripts (see External functions).
Note: Some functions are utility functions which are "built-in," meaning that they are accessible to both client and server. However, most functions are external, which are available in separate versions on client or server (and sometimes both).
|Some functions are only available on the client, and some only on the server|
Please be sure to check the notes next to whichever function that you are interested in, to ensure that it runs in the proper venue!
Node and Class Functions
- GOM Package - These functions do specific GOM-related tasks, such as creating and deleting nodes and prototypes, checking on associations, and specifying, adding, or removing classes.
- Repository Node Serialization Functions
- Marshaling functions - Used to serialize and send a node from/to the client/server
String and Message Functions
- String and Conversion functions - Change things to upper and lowercase, split strings apart, search for specific strings
- Message Functions - Send messages to all and sundry
Math Functions and other Programming Utilities
- Remote Script Calls - Have a script on one server or client, call a function on a different server.
- Profiling Functions - Functions used for tracing, profiling, and other types of analysis
- Math Functions - Trigonometry, rounding, random number generation, etc.
- Vector Functions - Functions specifically related to the 3D vectors
- Particle Emitter Functions - Functions related to the glowing and sparkling effects created by particle emitters.
- Sound Functions - Functions related to the Sound API
- Waypoint Paths - Functions to manipulate paths, waypoints, and followers
- Area Awareness - Detect which player nodes are in a given area
- Character Functions - Covers Parts, Slots, and other character-related activities such as moving a player and kicking them offline.
- Camera Functions - Deal with the camera viewpoint
- Miscellaneous Functions - Functions which have either not yet been categorized, or are orphan functions without a clear category.
- Settings functions
- Performance functions