Full Access to all Servers
Full Access to All Servers is part of
Phase 1 of Server Setup including both information about your infrastructure and direct access via the internet to the hardware as administrators. Access is required for setup because of the enormous scope of the HeroEngine product requiring domain knowledge in a variety of complex technical areas including: Databases, network infrastructure, multiple OS installations, Webserver setup, VPNs, Development Environment Setup, Workstation Setup, Deploy mechanisms, Art Server Setup and lastly installation and configuration of HeroEngine itself. The installation process typically takes approximately one week and includes the download of more than ten gigabytes of files for the various installations.
At this point, you should have already acquired at least two physical servers using the Minimum Hardware Recommendations as a guide and have connected them to your network.
Required Information and Access
- what each of the servers specifications are
- the intended purpose of each server
- OS and software is installed upon each of them
- how we access them from here
- what their DNS names are
- what their host names are
- what their IP addresses are
- how the network is configured where the servers are
- whether and how the internet is accessible to them,
- how the machines are accessed by your team
- whether the machines are accessible to the world, and if so, how
- what usernames and passwords we should use to gain both user and administrative access to them.