A Flare is an asset automatically loaded into a HeroEngine Area's Asset list. It can be used to create spots of color without the use of a particle. Flares are a low-cost way of getting a flare of color into the game and creating sun glare.
Note that the Filters menu can be used to toggle visibility and selectability of Flares during development.
To modify a flare, select it, open the Properties panel, and modify its fields directly.
- Does not affect Flares. Use Scale1 and Scale2.
FALSE. Determines whether the Flare is being rendered or not.
FALSE. Determines whether the Flare inherits its visibility from the Parent if one is specified. (As of this release, this may not work.)
- Determines whether the Flare is rendered on the minimap. (As of this release, this does not work.) todo-daved (which release?)
- Modes: Normal, Sun.
- If Placement is "Sun", uses the position of the Sun to affect its position. Sun's position is determined by the area's Environmental scheme.
- Distance at which the Flare will fade out when Placement is set to "Normal". 0 will keep the flare from fading out at all. Decimals are valid. Similar to a Particle's MDFC.
- Modes: Lens Flare, Burst, Halo_1, Halo_2, Halo_3
- Determines which part of the Engine's Flare texture the node renders.
- Changes the color of Mode1
- Scales the size of Mode1's flare. 0-infinity, decimals are valid.
- Same as Mode1, but a secondary Flare effect separate from Mode1.
- Same as 1.
- Same as 1.
- Affects the range of the flare's rendering through other assets. Range of 1 to infinity. Less than 1 means the Flare will never render.