- Hierarchical Schemes with selective override inheritance
- Scheme Blending
- Storm front coming in
- Cloud colors under UI control
- Precipitation (rain, snow, hail, debris, etc) ... Some precipitation creates decals (like snowflakes)
- Seasons (leaf tinting, snow on the ground)
- Heavenly bodies (including intensity and color of emitted light)
- Night/day cycle
- Wind (affects precipitation, trees, and clouds)
The engine has the concept of an Environment scheme, which are then applied to individual rooms. An environment scheme currently contains settings for light color, light intensity, light direction, fog color, fog density, and weather settings.
An environment scheme can also be “blended” with another scheme. For example, if the scheme “foggy” is blending 100% with “sunny”, then the resulting scheme will be 50% foggy and 50% sunny.