Create a userpage
User pages are your personal space in MediaWiki. You can add some contact information, use it as a playground, post pictures of your pets, or pretty much anything else you want!
Recommended info for userpages
These elements are recommended, but all are optional. Add as much or as little as you like:
- Your name
- Which company that you are with
- Some contact info (email, IM, whatever you want)
- Your interests, here on the wiki (which projects are you working on)
- A picture (see Help:Uploading files)
- A userbox
Important: Please remember that all licensees have access to this wiki. If there is information that you do not wish other companies to have, please do not add it to your userpage!
If you have concerns about posting information, then please don't worry about a userpage. It is definitely not a requirement to have a userpage in this wiki, just a recommendation. Do whatever you think is best.
Accessing your userpage
There are several ways to access your userpage:
- The easiest way, is just to click on your account name at the top of the page
- Some browsers have a bug that hide your username. If this is happening to you, (like if your accountname is buried under the HeroEngine logo on the lefthand side), see below for the Hard Way.
- Or, use a different browser, such as Mozilla's Firefox
- In the URL line, erase where it says "Create_a_userpage"and replace it with "User:ACCCOUNTNAME". For example, if your account name were ZZ-MERLIN, your URL could say one of the following (all do the same thing):
- Note: Usernames are CASE-SENSITIVE. Please be sure to use capital letters.
Here are some example userpages, to see what other people are doing. Feel free to add other examples! To see a list of all userpages on this wiki, see: Special:Listusers.
If you have any questions about this, please don't hesitate to contact Elonka, the office wiki-guru, who will gladly help you through the process. :)