Bone Tracker Node
A Bone Tracker Node can be attached to any part of a character's skeleton, and then other nodes are parented to it, which makes the other nodes follow that bone.
It is added via the Create Menu, or in script using the server system node $EDIT:
//_AddAsset() Gets a handle to the asset; //It is not a problem if that asset is already added; in that case, it just gets the handle. var btAsset = $EDIT._AddAsset($EDIT._GetBoneTrackerAssetFQN()) btInstance as NodeRef of Class BoneTrackerInstance = $EDIT._AddInstance(btAsset, "bonetrackerinstance", "Default") //You may need to change "Default" to the name of another room, depending on where it should be placed. //Set desired properties of instance btInstance.BoneName = "Bip01" btInstance.targetinstance = 9223372071648791565 btInstance.PositionOnly = true //server class Instance has other general fields to set
To attach the node to the skeleton, use the Properties panel for the BoneTracker.
- Add the GUID of the character to the TargetInstance field on the BoneTrackerNode.
- To get the character's GUID, click on the character and look at its properties in the Properties Panel
- Copy/paste the GUID to the BoneTrackerNode's TargetInstance field
- Choose the bone to which the BoneTrackerNode will be attached
- In the BoneTrackerNode's Properties Panel, in the BoneName field, a dropdown list should appear with all of the available bone names for that character.
- Choose the appropriate bone
- The BoneTrackerNode will then be attached to that bone
Other nodes can then be parented to the appropriate Bone Tracker Node, via the Parenting Toolbar.