Tool tips are a useful way to examine the properties of art assets as seen in the Viewport. To toggle them on, press CTRL-T, and then hover the mouse over an art asset. To turn them off, toggle again with Ctrl-T.
Information displayed includes:
- Asset name, meaning its filename from the Repository
- Instance ID
- Size, in meters
- LOD (Level of Detail) setting
- Room name
- Material composition, including texture name
- Number of meshes
- Whether or not it is animated
- Distance from the camera, in meters.
- World position
- ID number (same as Instance ID)
- Node class
Tool tips will not display on everything in the viewport, so cannot be used for things such as Dynamic details on a heightmap, or for particle effects.