- This page is about HeroBlade panels. For the "HeroBlade" panels in art applications such as Maya or 3DS Studio Max, please see Export Panel.
HeroBlade offers a variety of information and tools which can be accessed through the various menus located in the Main Menu bar. Panels have the ability to be docked, floating, or tabbed. For example, to open the Assets panel, ensure that it is checked. You can have as few or as many panels open at one time as you would like, and dock them in whichever configuration works best for you.
To rapidly turn all panels off, open the Settings Menu and choose Close All Panels. If you want to ensure that your panels positions are saved before hand use either the quick save/load or regular save/load UI features also in the Settings Menu.
- HeroScript Editor
- Used to create and edit HSL scripts and GUIXML
- Data Object Model
- Editor used to modify the client or server DOM. The DOM defines classes, fields, enumerations and associations
- Client Prototypes
- List of client Prototypes. Prototypes are generally manipulated using the CLI
- Client Scripts
- List of client HSL scripts. Scripts are manipulated using the HeroScript Editor
- GUI Editor
- List of GUI Control Prototypes which are created from GUIXML
- Server Prototypes
- List of server Prototypes. Prototypes are generally manipulated using the CLI
- Server Scripts
- List of server HSL scripts. Scripts are manipulated using the HeroScript Editor
- Unfiltered listing of all chat information that has been received
- Concept Art
- A panel to superimpose concept art onto the veiwport
- General information about HeroBlade and access to the CLI Commands
- Full listing of all errors encountered during this session
- Dream Manager
- An integrated bug- and task-tracking system
- GM Notes
- System to provide collaborative feedback on areas and their construction
- Unfiltered listing of all HSL script errors
- Listing of all available changes that can be undone.
- Various configurations for monitoring Character animations
- Detailed information on area and room visualization
- Provides details on all of the Assets and related instances currently being used in the area.
- Detailed information on specific environmental schemes, lighting and fog settings
- Area Organizer
- Listings of available areas, scripts, prototypes and GUI Controls
- Detailed information for all area paths and their waypoints System
- Detailed information on a selected asset's properties
- An editor for height-maps and placing billboards
- Input System
- Debugging panel listing all of the inputs being received by the client
- Debugging tools to monitor the status of the network.
- Interface to manipulating and testing the Path Planning
- Debugging panel used to track performance of various HeroEngine systems
- Physics: A panel to debug physics
- Extensive Debugging of visualization controls. Includes dPVS, SpeedTree, Shadows, and much more.
- Scene Analysis
- Provides information about the Rendering Engine, what is currently being displayed in the viewport, and allows comparison of color histograms with concept art.
- Displays any shaders that are in use, and related errors
- General statistical information
- Main page: Tutorial: Docking HeroBlade panels