This page documents an upcoming feature and is not currently deployed to any customer world.
The Item System provides a way to create and store Items for use in gameplay.
What Issue(s) Does This Address?
- Create objects that represent physical things in a game world (need a good definition for "item").
- Rudimentary Item Container system to store Items.
- Visualize an Item as an asset in the game world.
What Issue(s) Does This NOT Address?
- GUI implementation of Item Containers.
- Does not provide a system for acquiring Items, such as loot dropped by a defeated enemy.
- Does not provide game specific Item Containers such as vault, bank, chest.
(need a pretty picture)
Item Container Owner
Only an Item Container Owner can have Item Container's. Currently Item Container Owner's must also be a _PlayerCharacter.
Item Containers are stored by name so the container name must be unique for it's Item Container Owner.
The base Item class provides events that Item decorator classes can respond to.
Item appearances are used to visualize an Item in the game world. There are three ways this is done: dynamic geometry and texture swapping, bone tracker node with an attached prop bucket instance and the behave hold command with a prop bucket instance.
On the Client