Revision as of 14:44, 20 April 2012 by HE-BENNETT
Forum FAQ Thread
Please also refer to the art and pipeline FAQ on our forums. If you still can't find what you need, try searching the forums for the issue. If you still can't find the answer, post a new thread about it!
- A list of art-related tutorials
- A list of art-related videos
- General overview on how art gets from your artists, to your area designers
- Texture formats for various aspects of the engine.
- Breakdown of the various file types that make up a character
- An overview of the Animation Panel
- Description of the Repository Browser client that is used to get art from your artists to the Repository, including version control
- Description of the part of HeroBlade that gets art from the Repository, and allows your designers and scripters to collaboratively organize assets and their related scripts
- Breakdown of the components of a dynamic character
- Description of the special types of assets that help to limit visibility and rendering requirements, so as to improve frame rate
- Technical information on how to setup the art depot that is used by your artists to store in-process work
- Scripts which are used to update the options and menus in 3ds Max and Maya, to allow art to be created and exported in a HeroEngine-friendly format. These scripts are periodically updated.
Working with 3ds Max
- Steps for configuring 3ds Max to load the Hero Tools scripts and plugins
- Explanation of the export panels in 3ds Max
- Art pipeline tools developed for 3ds Max, to make the artist's life easier
- A handy reference guide for the various types of export requirements from 3ds Max to HeroEngine compatible files.
Working with Maya
- Steps for configuring Maya to load the Hero Tools scripts and plugins
- Explanation of the export panel in Maya
- Art pipeline tools developed for Maya, to make the artist's life easier
- A handy reference guide for the various types of export requirements from Maya to HeroEngine compatible files.
- Special information on the unique Cube Map textures, used for easily-rendered reflections on water and metal